Joint Health Science Program
Piedmont Tech partners with Greenville Technical College to offer Joint Health Science Programs in Dental Hygiene, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Medical Laboratory Technology.
Students take prerequisite Phase 1 coursework at Piedmont Tech and complete core curriculum Phase 2 coursework at Greenville Tech. To enroll, follow the steps below:
1. Apply for Admission
Select one of the following application methods:
- Submit an online application
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution. Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.
- All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the student records office.
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- All Official High School Transcripts and GED Transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Contact the issuing institution to have copies sent to Piedmont Tech.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delievered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Carol Paguntalan about required documentation.
If you completed high school or college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
4. Read & Sign Joint Admissions Requirements Form
Joint Health Science Program applicants must read, sign and submit the Joint Admissions Procedures & Program Requirements Form. The form may be submitted as follows:
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Lex Walters Campus, Greenwood
- Visit any County Campus
- Mail to: Admissions Office, Piedmont Technical College, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- Fax to: (864) 941-8566
5. Complete the Placement Test
Stop by your local Piedmont Tech location to take the placement test. Although appointments aren't required, please check the testing hours online and call Admissions at (864) 941-8369 or email us at email@example.com to let us know when you're coming, and stop by our office in Room 103B on the Greenwood Campus when you arrive to check in.
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. Visit our Testing Center Web Site for more information on test exemptions and sample test questions.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Once you have completed your Placement Test, be sure to speak with an Admissions Counselor to confirm you are ready for advising and registration.
6. Attend a "Career Talk" at Greenville Tech
Attend a Career Talk orientation session at Greenville Technical College. It is recommended that the application do this prior to enrolling in classes at Piedmont Tech, or as early as possible during the first semester. Call Greenville Tech at (864) 250-8195 for Career Talk dates and times.
7. Meet with a Piedmont Tech Advisor and register for classes.
Contact a campus near you to meet with an enrollment advisor and plan your schedule of classes. After this conversation, you'll register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees. During your first semester, schedule an appointment with Lenette Thompson to discuss application procedures for Phase 2.