Lander University Bridge Program
Piedmont Technical College and Lander University have developed a partnership agreement for students who wish to begin their work toward a bachelor’s degree at PTC, then finish their studies at Lander.
To ensure a successful transition from Piedmont Technical College to Lander University, the Bridge Program Partnership will provide advising and academic support for prospective freshman transfer students who have been identified by the institutions and who meet the GPA requirements.
After completing the Piedmont Technical College’s General Studies Transfer Certificate, the participating student will be allowed to transfer a minimum of 30 semester hours with a GPA or 2.5 or higher.
- Bridge students will have access to dual advisement by staff representing both Piedmont Technical College and Lander University.
- A Lander representative will travel to Piedmont Technical College throughout the year and will be available to speak with Bridge students during their freshman year at the technical college.
- Courses taken at Piedmont Technical College will transfer to Lander and count toward a student’s academic program requirements for the university.
- Upon successfully completing a minimum of 30 semester hours at Piedmont Technical College and maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA, Bridge students will be granted full acceptance into Lander University.
- Bridge students will be eligible for priority registration times.
- Specific transfer orientation sessions will be available for Bridge students prior to enrolling at Lander.
- Lander will waive the application fee for students participating in the program.
How to enroll:
- To enroll, apply to PTC either online or in person and identify yourself as a Bridge program student. Visit our admissions page for more detailed application instructions.
- Complete the Lander University Bridge Release Form.
For more information about the Lander University Bridge Program visit Lander's web site.