Business Information Technology Public Service and Commercial Art
This certificate is designed for computer or network systems professionals that need expertise in security.
The program will provide students with the concepts and skills of the fast growing field of cybersecurity, including security of systems and infrastructure in business and industry. Students will learn how to protect networks and defend information systems from attack. It is ideal if you are employed in a computer related field and seeking cybersecurity knowledge. Students who complete this certificate may continue their education by enrolling in the associate degree program in Computer Technology.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|CPT 247||UNIX Operating Systems||3.0|
|CPT 282||Information Systems Security||3.0|
|IST 220||Data Communications||3.0|
|IST 256||LAN Desktop Technologies||3.0|
|IST 257||LAN Network Server Technologies||3.0|
|IST 268||Computer Forensics||3.0|
|IST 269||Digital Forensics||3.0|
|IST 293||IT and Data Assurance I||3.0|
|IST 294||IT and Data Assurance II||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||27.0|
Gainful Employment Information
- Students may start this program in any term, and this program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. Some courses are offered online.
- Note that all courses are not offered every semester, and sequencing of courses is very important, so it is best to follow the established outline of courses as closely as possible.
- College policy states that computer coursework is valid for eight years.
Notes about individual classes
- If students need developmental or transitional classes, they should be taken first.
- CPT 101 uses Office 2016. CPT 101 students must purchase an access code for MyITLab, a learning management system that is used for CPT 101. The CPT 101 access code is good for six months.
- RDG 100 or RWR 100 is a prerequisite for CPT 101.
Semester-by-semester graduation plan
- You may also contact Bill Cheek for information about this program.
- Please e-mail email@example.com if this Advising Guide needs to be corrected or updated.
Advisement information updated/reviewed 9/18/2017.