This certificate provides introductory didactic and experiential learning outcomes to successfully provide the scope of care of the Emergency Medical Technician. This is a one semester certificate program.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION
||Basic First Aid
||Emergency Medical Care I
||Emergency Medical Care II
|Total Credit Hours: 9.0
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will identify and describe the role of EMS in the health care system.
- The students will demonstrate and employ the professional attributes expected of the EMT.
- Students will perform and demonstrate the roles and responsibilities of an EMT with regard to personal safety and wellness, as well as safety of others.
- The student will perform the duties of an EMT with regard for medical-legal and ethical issues, function successfully under medical direction, and within the scope of practice.
- Students will apply principles of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, life span development, and therapeutic communications to the assessment and management of patients.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify and evaluate the need for and perform lifesaving interventions to manage patient’s airway, breathing, and circulation.
- The student will demonstrate the ability assess and mange patients of all ages with a variety of complaints, medical conditions, and traumatic injuries.
- The student will apply principles of emergency medical services operations, including considerations in ambulance and air medical transportation, multiple-casualty incidents, gaining access to extricate patients, hazardous materials incidents, and responding to situations involving weapons of mass destruction.