Health Care Certificate
Students completing this certificate will gain a skillset allowing them to work in a number of health care related occupations. Students also have the option of transitioning to other health care programs.
Specific details about courses required for application, minimum GPA and other requirements can be found in the information prior to any Health Science program outline.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3.0|
|PSY 201||General Psychology||3.0|
|BIO requirement options: BIO 102, BIO 112, BIO 115, or BIO 210||4.0|
|MAT requirement options: MAT 102, MAT 120 or MAT 155||3.0|
|ELECTIVE COURSE INFORMATION|
|AHS 102||Medical Terminology||3.0|
|AHS 106||Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation||1.0|
|AHS 155||Special Topics in Health Care||3.0|
|Choose eight (8) credits from:|
|AHS 154||Culture and Wellness||1.0|
|AHS 161||Introduction to Health Careers||1.0|
|AHS 170||Fundamentals of Disease||3.0|
|AHS 205||Ethics and Law for Allied Health Professions||3.0|
|BIO 210||Anatomy and Physiology I||4.0|
|BIO 211||Anatomy and Physiology II||4.0|
|Choose six (6) credits from:|
|CPT 101||Introduction to Computers||3.0|
|PSY 203||Human Growth and Development||3.0|
|SPC 205||Speech Communications (required)||3.0|
|Elective Humanities/Fine Arts||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||34.0|
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a knowledge of medical terminology that is appropriate to the health care setting.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to successfully perform an EKG.
- Students will recognize and identify rhythms produced by the EKG.
- Demonstrate and identify the proper measures associated with intra-hospital transport.
- Student will outline the basics of disaster preparedness and the concept of triage.
- Students will outline and demonstrate the basic nature of sterile technique and universal precautions
- Students will conduct observations and make recommendations according to the principles of Lean.