Health Care Certificate - Respiratory Care Track
Students completing this certificate will gain a skillset allowing them to work in a number of respiratory care related occupations. This track is designed to prepare students for application into PTC’s Respiratory Care program.
Specific details about courses required for application, minimum GPA and other requirements can be found in the information prior to the Respiratory Care program outline.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION||Credit Hours|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3.0|
|PSY 201||General Psychology||3.0|
|MAT 102||Intermediate Algebra
or MAT 120 Probability and Statistics
|BIO 210||Anatomy and Physiology I||4.0|
|ELECTIVE COURSE INFORMATION|
|AHS 102||Medical Terminology||3.0|
|AHS 106||Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation||1.0|
|AHS 155||Special Topics in Health Care||3.0|
|Choose eight (8) credits from:|
|BIO 211||Anatomy and Physiology II (required)||4.0|
|BIO 225||Microbiology (required)||4.0|
|Choose six (6) credits from:|
|CPT 101||Introduction to Computers||3.0|
|Elective Humanities/Fine Arts||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||34.0|
|Total Credit Hours: 34.0|
NOTE: This Health Care Certificate is a variation of the Health Care Certificate (HCC7) which has been tailored to incorporate the specific program-ready and general education coursework needed for the Respiratory Care program.
Gainful Employment Information
- Students who are planning to pursue a Degree in Respiratory Care will start their education in the Certificate program.
- Note that not all of the classes required to complete the Health Care Certificate are required for the Degree in Respiratory Care. (The certificate does not have to be completed to move to the associate degree program.)
- Click here for information about the Respiratory Care Degree.
Notes about individual classes
- The English required for this program is ENG 101. Students will follow this progression, with their starting point being determined by their placement test scores: ENG 032/012 and/or RDG 032/012 (or RWR 032/012) > ENG 100 and/or RDG 100 (or RWR 100) > ENG 101.
- The math required for this program is MAT 102 or MAT 120. Students will follow this progression, with their starting point being determined by their placement test scores: MAT 032/012 > MAT 152 or MAT 101 > MAT 102 or MAT 120.
- CPT 101 is required. CPT 101 will use Office 2016. CPT 101 students must purchase an access code for My IT Lab, a learning management system. The CPT 101 access code is good for six months. RDG 100 or RWR 100 is a prerequisite for CPT 101.
- Developmental and transitional classes, if needed, should be taken first.
- You can find the name of your assigned academic advisor by reviewing Degree Works, your Class Schedule, or by visiting the Advising webpage.
- Ann Piggott is the Program Director of Respiratory Care.
- You may also contact Karla Gilliam for more information about this program.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this Advising Guide needs to be corrected or updated.
Advisement Information updated 9/2017.