The certificate will enable students to gain entry level skills for HVACR equipment installation. This certificate will enable students to accelerate their progression to the HVACR Technician career track.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION
||Fundamentals of Refrigeration
||Tools and Service Techniques I
||Basic Electricity for HVAC/R
||Tools and Service Techniques II
||Basic Sheet Metal
|Total Credit Hours
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The HVACR Installers program is dedicated to assisting adult learners in the development of the skills and knowledge necessary to support students’ educational goals for employment and professional growth in the installation field.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Install, repair and service most light commercial refrigeration systems.
- Use a wiring schematic in troubleshooting most air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems.
- Install and service most residential heat pump systems.
- Use most of the tools and meters associated with the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
- Calculate residential heat loss and heat gain.
- Test and balance air quantities in most heating and air conditioning systems.
- Install and service most heating systems including gas, oil, and electric.
- Apply Fundamentals for repair, adjustment and maintenance of pneumatic controls used in most air conditioning systems.
- Apply safety rules and regulations when working.
- Install, repair and maintain most domestic refrigeration systems.
- Student may start this program during the fall or spring terms.
- Courses are offered during day and evening hours
Notes about other requirements
- Top-quality tools, meter and gauges, which are required for this program, will cost $500 - $700. There is a list at the bookstore, or you can contact Bill Cockrell for more information.
2018-2019, 2019-2020 Semester-by-Semester Graduation Plan
HVACR Installers Certificate (HVA6) - Fall Start
- You can find the name of your assigned academic advisor by reviewing Degree Works, your Class Schedule, or by visiting the Advising webpage.
- Enrollment advisor: Please contact Bill Cockrell during the initial enrollment process. If you are unable to make contact, send Bill electronic notification of students’ enrollment.
- The Program Director for HVAC is Bill Cockrell.
- You may also contact David Kibler about this program.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if Advising information needs to be updated or corrected.
Advisement Information updated/reviewed 9/2018.