Vascular Sonography Certificate
Vascular Sonography utilizes ultrasound to perform diagnostic testing on patients’ arteries and veins.
The vascular sonographer will utilize state-of the-art equipment to interrogate the vessels, record images/measurements, and study hemodynamic data derived from vascular testing. Vascular Sonography is primarily used in the diagnosis of blood clots, blockages, and aneurysms. Upon diagnosis, these can be treated by a licensed physician or vascular surgeon.
The Vascular Sonography Certificate is designed for students currently working and registered in the sonography field. Admission to the program is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Prospective students must hold a current (non-expired) sonography credential with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). [Examples: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS), or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS)]. Upon, successful completion of the program, students will be able to take either the exam for Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through ARDMS or Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) through CCI. This certificate can be completed in two consecutive semesters (Spring term and Summer term) with a total of 16 credit hours.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of vascular anatomy, physiology/hemodynamics, and pathophysiology to assess and analyze the vascular system with sonography.
- Demonstrate hands-on skill proficiency and good clinical decision-making to obtain quality vascular exams that document pathology adequately.
- Interpret vascular studies and provide an oral and written summary of findings.
- Explain miscellaneous vascular testing methods and recognize abnormalities.
- State effective procedures for continuing sonographic education after graduation and throughout the sonography career.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|CVT 130||Vascular Sonography I||3.0|
|CVT 131||Vascular Sonography Clinical I||6.0|
|CVT 132||Vascular Sonography II||3.0|
|CVT 133||Vascular Sonography Clinical II||4.0|
|Total Credit Hours||16.0|