Respiratory care is a professionally and personally rewarding career with a balanced blend of technology and patient interaction. Working under the medical direction of doctors to provide treatment to patients with heart and lung disorders, respiratory therapists are important members of the health care team
Respiratory Care Major
Graduation Date: August 2014
Precious Logan always dreamed of a career in health care. She wanted to help people.
- Entry Level Salary Average: $38,174
- Range for Recent Grads: $27,500-$48,000
- 85% placement rate
Entry Level Positions:
- Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Advancement to supervisor and management positions possible
As a respiratory therapist, you’ll provide treatment for all age groups—from infants to the elderly.
You’ll provide temporary relief to patients with chronic asthma or emphysema, as well as emergency care to patients who are victims of a heart attack, stroke, drowning or shock.
The Respiratory Care program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. Proficiency in all aspects of respiratory care, including diagnostic, rehabilitative and therapeutic applications, prepares PTC students to take the entry and advanced level NBRC exams.
Graduates of Piedmont Technical College's Respiratory Care Program are working all over the region and throughout South Carolina. Recent graduates have found work with:
- Abbeville Area Medical Center
- AnMed Health
- Charleston Memorial Hospital
- Edgefield County Hospital
- Greenwood Regional Rehabilitation Hospital
- Greenville Hospital System
- Laurens County Heath Care System
- Lexington Memorial Hospital
- Lincare Home Health
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Newberry County Hospital
- Self Regional Healthcare
- St. Francis Health System
- More ...