South Carolina State University Bridge Program
In 2018, South Carolina State University (SC State) and Piedmont Technical College (PTC) signed an articulation agreement that creates more options for students who would like to begin their studies at PTC and then transfer to SC State to complete a bachelor's degree program.
The Bridge Program created in the agreement is intended to make transitions from SC technical colleges to the university system as seamless as possible and to increase the success of transfer students once they're enrolled at SC State.
Universities and technical colleges will identify and contact students who are eligible for the Bridge Program. SC State and PTC have had a longstanding partnership to offer students the opportunity to complete their bachelor’s degrees in Electrical Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology on PTC’s Greenwood Campus. The two institutions are committed to continuing and strengthening this partnership.
In order to offer more opportunities for PTC students to transfer to SC State, the institutions have worked on articulation pathways in the following majors and are committed to keeping these opportunities up-to-date and relevant.
- BS Accounting
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Criminal Justice
- BS Early Childhood Education
- BS Economics
- BS Electrical Engineering Technology
- BA English
- BA History
- BS Management
- BS Marketing
- BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Technology to BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Technology to BS Electrical Engineering Technology
- BA Political Science (Pre-Law)
- BA Political Science (Public Administration)
- BA Psychology
- BS Social Work
- BA Sociology
Bulldog Gateway Bridge Program participants will benefit from an array of services that will improve their transitions from PTC to SC State, including:
- Orientation meeting and campus tour
- Individualized advisement
- Admissions counseling
- Financial aid education
- Career counseling
- Student success and retention programs
HOW TO ENROLL
- Apply to PTC either online or in person and identify yourself as a Bridge Program student. Visit our admissions page for more detailed application instructions.
- Complete the SC State Bulldog Gateway Bridge Enrollment Form.
For more information, visit www.scsu.edu.