Career Tracks: Horticulture Landscape Management
Graduates of this program may pursue careers in professional ornamental and lawn care establishments and maintenance of recreational facilities; production and sale of sod, supplies and equipment; or service as technicians for private businesses or government agencies.
Characteristics & Temperament
Graduates in this field should have:
- manual dexterity
- eye, hand coordination
- good physical condition
- love for the great outdoors
- ability to coordinate work and be innovative with designs
Graduates in this field can expect the following developments:
- salary average: $28,110 per year according to the US Department of Labor. You may view the most current Occupational Outlook statistics at: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/building-and-grounds-cleaning/grounds-maintenance-workers.htm.
- 100% placement rate for 2015 - 2017 graduates
- owners / operators or professional grounds maintenance business
- grounds maintenance technicians
- with experience, graduates may advance to supervisors or general landscape contractors, owners and operators of own businesses, park supervisors, golf course superintendents, vocational school instructors, nurserymen, etc.
Recent graduates have found work at:
- Botanical Gardens
- City of Greenwood
- Cold Creek Nurseries
- Davey Tree Company
- DP Landscaping
- Duffie's Lawn Care
- Environmental Landscaping Inc.
- Evan's Landscaping
- Fuji Photo Film
- Greenwood Nursery
- Hodges Pulpwood
- Megan's Lovely Landscapes
- Michelin Tire Corporation
- Savannah Lakes Village
- Scott's Lawn Service
- Self Regional Healthcare
- Stoney Point Golf Course