Effective March 20, all PTC classes will be delivered online for the rest of the Spring semester. Faculty and staff are working remotely and are available to assist students. Learn More ...
Eligibility for Office
1. Candidates shall be chosen from among those members who have been nominated by Piedmont Technical College’s SNA Members.
2. Only members who shall be nursing students and have the privileges of active membership shall be eligible for the office of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Legislative Director, Breakthrough to Nursing Director, Community Health Director, ICC Director, Historian and the Website/Newsletter Director.
3. All candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 2.3.
Term of Office
The term of office shall be from the adjournment of the annual meeting at which officers are elected to adjournment of the annual meeting at which their successors are elected.
Description of Positions
1. Preside at 90% Board Meeting of this association.
2. Appoint special committees with the approval of the Board.
3. Approve expenditures as submitted by the Treasurer and authorized by the Board.
4. Perform all other duties pertaining to this office and represent this association in all matters relating to the SNA Association.
5. Preside at COSR Monthly Meeting held in Columbia.
6. Act as liaison between the Board, Dean, Advisors, and Faculty.
7. The retiring President shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected President.
1. Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President, and in the event of a vacancy in the office of the President assume the duties of the office of the President.
2. Serve as chairperson of the Committee on Annual Convention.
3. Assist the President with performing duties pertaining to this office and represent this association in all matters relating to the SNA Association.
4. Preside at COSR Monthly Meeting held in Columbia either in the absence of or with the President.
5. Assume the duties of liaison between the Board, Dean, Advisors, and Faculty in the absence of the President.
6. The retiring Vice President shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Vice President.
1. Record and distribute the minutes of this association and the Board.
2. Keep a register of all members for roll call and business purposes.
3. Keep on file as a permanent record all reports, papers and documents submitted to the secretary.
4. Conduct the general correspondence of the association and the Board.
5. Notify all SNA members of all meetings at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
6. Refer to the duly appointed committees the necessary records for performance of their duties.
7. Provide each Board member with a list of all committee members and addresses.
8. Serve as chairperson on the Committee on Policies and Procedures.
9. Provide monthly meeting minutes to SC SNA Secretary and all Board members.
10. The retiring Secretary shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Secretary.
1. Act as a custodian of organization.
2. Keep accurate entries of acquisitions and disbursements of organization funds.
3. Prepare a report of the transactions to be submitted to the Board at monthly Member or Board meetings.
4. The retiring Treasurer shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Treasurer.
1. Manage, update, and maintain Piedmont Technical College’s SNA website & D2L.
2. Manage the preparation and distribution of the newsletter.
3. Serve as representative for the staff of the SNA newsletter to the Board.
4. The retiring Website/Newsletter Director shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Website/Newsletter Director.
Community Health Director:
1. Promote, plan, oversee, carry out and evaluate a minimum of three community health activities.
2. Serve as advisor to members for community health activities.
3. The retiring Community Health Director shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Community Health Director.
1. Required to create and maintain the Scrapbooks that will be judged at SC SNA State Convention.
2. Assist the secretary in keeping accurate records, as well as taking pictures for the purpose of historical documentation.
3. The retiring Historian shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Historian.
Breakthrough to Nursing Director:
1. Encourage recruitment of minority groups into the nursing field.
2. Encourage recruitment and retention of membership into SNA.
3. Update, promote, record, and submit monthly points to SC-SNA for the Breakthrough to Nursing Points Program.
4. Communicate with SC-SNA Breakthrough to Nursing Director.
5. The retiring Breakthrough to Nursing Director shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Breakthrough to Nursing Director.
The Legislative Director:
1. Promote political awareness among nursing students and plan legislative activities
2. Update and maintain SNA Bylaws with the approval of the Board.
3. Communicate with SC-SNA Legislative Director.
4. The retiring Legislative Director shall, by the end of his/her term, deliver all records to the newly elected Legislative Director.
Other general duties of officers shall be:
1. Shall be members of the Board.
2. Officers are required to attend 90% monthly SNA Member and provide a report for members, and to attend 90% of Board Meetings and provide a report, ideas, feedback, and suggestions on board events.
If you are interested in any of these positions or have any questions, please contact any of the Board or the Club Advisor, Mary Anne Vaughn at 864-941-8778.