All Health Science and Nursing programs are limited enrollment. To be considered for entry into the clinical phase of these programs, students must submit an application.
- The application period has ended for this cycle. The next application dates will be posted soon. All program entry requirements must be completed prior to applying. Each student may apply to only one program.
Program Application Information
- Only current PTC students that have met all program eligibility requirements should submit an application. Review your major's program-ready requirements by going to their website.
- All programs are limited enrollment. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
- Applicants will only be able to submit one application for one program.
- Associate degree and diploma seeking students, with the exception of Pre-ADN majors, may choose to submit a Merit application. Use the Merit Worksheet for your program to determine your eligibility.
- The ADN program is a 100% competitive acceptance process. View the ADN Application Worksheet to determine your eligibility.
- The programs will be accepting applications during the designated dates detailed below.
- Program Ready GPA Calculator
- All health science programs at PTC have special program requirements, including a minimum age limit. See the individual program for those requirements.
ADN and PN Applicants
Students that apply for the ADN program but are not chosen for entry can select to be considered for the PN program. ADN applicants who wish to be considered must make this choice on their application with the understanding that the only process to complete the ADN program would be to enter the Transition Nursing program. All eligible PN applicants will be given first priority to enter the PN clinical program.
Nursing graduates must be at least 18 to sit for their boards.
Conditional Acceptance for Low Enrollment Programs
Health Science programs with low enrollment may consider accepting students conditionally if an applicant is completing program-ready courses in the summer term. If a student majoring in one of these programs does not complete all program-ready courses by the application deadline in May, they may still apply. Programs will accept conditional students if the program does not fill. Conditionally accepted students must successfully complete all program-ready coursework by the start of the fall term. Programs that will consider conditional acceptance are:
- Massage Therapy
- Patient Care Technician
- Veterinary Technology
|Program-Ready and Merit Applications available online:||May 1 - 16th||Sept 1 - 16th|
|Notification Letters||Postmarked by June 13th||Postmarked by Oct 10th|
|Program Acceptance Meetings
for accepted students only
|Various times during the 3rd and 4th weeks in June||Various times during the 3rd and 4th weeks in October|
TBA at Program Acceptance Meeting
** Students accepted into the ADN or PN program will be required to attend program orientation. Accepted ADN and PN students will not be excused from attending this mandatory orientation.