Find the academic program that's right for you. Learn more about PTC's schools and departments and available credentials.Academics »
PTC is here to help you get started on the path toward achieving your goals, whether you're headed toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year institution, or straight into the work force.Admissions »
Cost & Financial Aid
90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. We strive to make higher education affordable to everyone.Cost & Financial Aid »
Whether you're looking for help planning your career, or you need some help in your classes, PTC offers a wealth of resources to ensure you have the right tools for success.College Resources »
Want to update your skills, explore a different career path, or learn a new hobby? We have meaningful learning opportunities that you can use right away.Continuing Ed »
PTC's mission is to transform lives and strengthen communities by providing opportunities for intellectual and economic growth.About »
Student Computer Lab
The Information Commons on the Lex Walters Campus in Greenwood offers an open access computer lab for the general use of Piedmont Tech students and employees. The lab houses over 30 multi-media computers, all with Internet access, and a high speed printer for student use.
Lab Phone: (864) 941-8792
The lab staff provides assistance and instruction in the use of a large number of software and application programs available in the lab. Some of these programs are for general use while others are for specific programs or courses such as:
- Business and Office Systems Technology
- Computer Technology
- English and Reading
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Technology
- Graphic Art
The Information Commons provides Piedmont Tech students and staff with a place to learn the technology necessary to become life-long learners. In addition to general college rules and regulations, the computer lab asks that you also follow these policies:
- Sign in upon arrival.
- Always have your student ID.
- Cell phone ringers should be silenced, and students should go to the foyer or outside for phone conversations.
- Children are not allowed in the lab area.
- No downloading or uploading of software.
- Save your work often using a storage device.
- PTC restricts printing so that students can print no more than one copy of a document and no more than 10 pages at a time.
- Computer usage must be only for appropriate, educational activities.
- Limit your personal online time - only appropriate, educational sites and searches are permitted.
- Report any problems with the software programs or equipment to the Lab Assistant on duty.
- Need help? Ask the Lab Assistant. We are here for you!