Procedures for Students Taking Proctored Conventional Classroom Makeup or Retests, Proctored Internet Hard Copy Tests or Proctored Online Tests
- Present your PTC I.D. to the testing center staff.
- Sign the test register before receiving your test.
- Leave textbooks, book bags, notes, etc. at the area designated by the proctor.
- All cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and not visible during testing.
- Sit in the designated area.
- Have only your test, clean scratch paper that will be provided by the proctor upon request, and pencils/pens on the table, unless otherwise indicated by your instructor.
- Complete your test in one session. You must allow enough time to finish your test before the lab closes or your next class begins.
- If you have questions, concerns or needs, ask the testing personnel for assistance.
- Do not talk to other students during testing.
- Do not leave the test area during testing.
- Turn in your completed test to the Testing Center staff.
- Sign out upon finishing your test.
Testing Hours for the above (Students Taking Proctored Conventional Class or HARD COPY Internet Tests):
Location: Testing Center
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (closing)
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Procedures for Non-PTC Students Taking Proctored ONLINE and PAPER Tests
- Complete the Request for Proctoring Test for Non-PTC Students form.
- Pay the $30 per test fee to the Business Office, room 151A, or call (864) 941-8322. Testing fees can also be paid at the County Campuses.
**No testing appointments will be made until this fee is paid.
- For testing at the Lex Walters-Greenwood campus, contact the Testing Coordinator to make an appointment for testing by calling (864) 941-8748 (make sure to speak to the Testing Coordinator).
- You must contact the Testing Center three to four days in advance. Failure to do so may result in a missed test deadline.
- Students taking courses from colleges/universities other than PTC must follow PTC's school calendar. Please note days that the college is closed to students.
Testing Hours for the above (Students Taking Proctored ONLINE and PAPER Tests, by Appointment):
Location: Testing Center Only
Monday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.*
* Please note, depending on the time limit of the exam, the ending times shown above indicate the latest times for signing up to test.
Contact Information For Other PTC Locations
Please call your local PTC campus to obtain their testing days and times. It is most important that you contact your local campus at least two weeks in advance to schedule an appointment for testing.
Abbeville – (864) 446-8324
Edgefield – (803) 637-5388
Laurens – (864) 938-1505
McCormick – (864) 852-3191
Newberry – (803) 276-9000
Saluda – (864) 445-3144
Procedures for PTC Students Taking Proctored Online Testing at Non-PTC Campuses
- Students must complete a Non-PTC Proctor Application form.
- Students must contact the chosen testing location to obtain their testing policy and schedule.
Procedures for Instructors
The staff of the Testing Center provides a service to both students and instructors for make-up testing, retesting, and online testing. With the cooperation of our instructors, the Center can offer this service during testing hours. Since the testing center has expanded its role, it is more important than ever that procedures be uniformly followed to maintain the integrity of the testing process and to provide a suitable testing environment.
Please follow the procedures below for make-up testing:
- Write the student’s name on the Test Routing Slip where indicated.
- Attach the Test Routing Slip to each test indicating any information that the test administrator and the student need to know.
- Check your test file folder in the lab regularly and remove completed and outdated tests.
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to remove those tests with a deadline.
- Inform students of the testing hours. If these hours do not suit the student, the student will need to make other arrangements with the instructor.
- Instructors with special requests should notify the Testing Coordinator and arrange, in advance, for such requests to be implemented.
- The Testing Center is not open for testing during non-class days (holidays, vacations, in-service days, etc.).
Information for online testing:
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to provide proctor information to non-PTC proctors (see #1 under Procedures for PTC Students Taking Proctored Online Testing at Non-PTC Campuses).
- For conventional and web-enhanced courses: Please understand that this service does not take the place of in-class testing. We do not give group tests, mid term, or final exams.
- For D2L courses: Due to the large volume of students, the Testing Center is unable to proctor weekly or biweekly quizzes/tests. Please contact the Testing Coordinator for optional arrangements.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Routing Slips can be downloaded here. You will also be able to find additional copies of the routing slip in the Makeup Test file drawers in the Testing Center.