Find the academic program that's right for you. Learn more about PTC's schools and departments and available credentials.Academics »
PTC is here to help you get started on the path toward achieving your goals, whether you're headed toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year institution, or straight into the work force.Admissions »
Cost & Financial Aid
90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. We strive to make higher education affordable to everyone.Cost & Financial Aid »
Whether you're looking for help planning your career, or you need some help in your classes, PTC offers a wealth of resources to ensure you have the right tools for success.College Resources »
Want to update your skills, explore a different career path, or learn a new hobby? We have meaningful learning opportunities that you can use right away.Continuing Ed »
PTC's mission is to transform lives and strengthen communities by providing opportunities for intellectual and economic growth.About »
Policies & Procedures
- Every student is entitled to ONE FREE HOUR OF TUTORING PER WEEK.
- ALL tutoring sessions MUST be arranged through the Tutoring Coordinator except under the following condition:
- There are other ways to receive additional help. These ways include:
- A student may join another session in the same course already set up. The consent by both tutor and student is necessary to carry out this option.
- With some of the more technical courses, it may be necessary to contact a specific instructor, coordinator, department head, or peer advisor assigned to a specific curriculum.
- Coordinators and instructors in the developmental lab areas often schedule open-lab hours for drop-in assistance in reading, study habits, writing, and math skills. In addition, computerized tutorials in some areas are available in the Teaching and Learning Center. The library also has video tapes for some courses.
- Student Support Services, a federal grant program on campus, as part of a comprehensive package of services, contracts with The Tutoring Center to provide further tutoring to those who qualify and are accepted into the program. Student Support Services offices are located in the Administrative building.
- Students can only get one free hour of tutoring per week. Student Support Services students may receive an additional three hours per week.
- If a student is absent without notice from a requested and agreed upon session, the student will be dropped from the tutoring schedule until he/she meets with the Tutoring Coordinator to explain the absence or pay a penalty fee.