Find the academic program that's right for you. Learn more about PTC's schools and departments and available credentials.Academics »
PTC is here to help you get started on the path toward achieving your goals, whether you're headed toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year institution, or straight into the work force.Admissions »
Cost & Financial Aid
90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. We strive to make higher education affordable to everyone.Cost & Financial Aid »
Whether you're looking for help planning your career, or you need some help in your classes, PTC offers a wealth of resources to ensure you have the right tools for success.College Resources »
Want to update your skills, explore a different career path, or learn a new hobby? We have meaningful learning opportunities that you can use right away.Continuing Ed »
PTC's mission is to transform lives and strengthen communities by providing opportunities for intellectual and economic growth.About »
Student Rights and Responsibilities
As a student you have the right to:
- Know what financial assistance is available to you, including all federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Know the deadlines for submitting applications for applicable financial aid programs and the process required.
- Know how your financial need is determined, including how cost of attendance budgets are developed.
- Know what resources are considered in the calculation of your financial need, and how much of your need as determined by PTC has been met.
- An explanation of the types of aid contained in your financial aid award as well as how to retain eligibility for those funds (if applicable).
- Request a review of your current financial situation if you meet certain criteria based on changes since filing the current aid year FAFSA application.
- Know what portion of your aid package is grant or gift aid, and what portion must be repaid. In addition, you have the right to know interest rates, total amount to be repaid, procedures for repayment, when repayment begins, and how long you have to repay the loan.
- Know the criteria for continued financial aid eligibility, including guidelines for the determination of Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the Department of Education.
- Know the method and frequency of financial aid disbursements.
As a student you have the responsibility to:
- Be aware of your ability to pay any institutional charges based on your available financial aid and personal resources.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of your financial aid award.
- Review and understand all financial aid information provided on the website and through your Pathway account.
- Complete all requirements accurately, in a timely manner, and by the appropriate deadlines.
- Inform us of any outside scholarships, assistantships, or additional resources that you receive.
- Inform us if you have received or are receiving financial aid at another institution during the current academic year.
- Fill out the FAFSA application completely and accurately. If selected for verification you will provide all requested documents in a timely manner, and ensure that all submitted materials are complete and accurate. Falsification of information on application forms for federal financial assistance is considered a criminal offense, and you may be subject to penalties under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- Read and understand all forms that you are asked to submit or sign, realizing that you are legally responsible for all agreements that you sign.
- Know and comply with all policies and procedures of Piedmont Technical College.