Federal Work Study Program
The FWS Program provides funds that are earned through part-time employment to assist students in financing the costs of postsecondary education. This program allows students to earn money while gaining work experience.
Eligibility is based on the student's resources and is determined by a formula developed by the U.S. Department of Education; therefore, applicants must complete the FAFSA.
- Jobs are available on-campus and at some off-campus locations.
- Job postings can be found on Piedmont Technical College’s website and Facebook Page.
- Currently this program pays $8.00-$8.50 per hour.
- Student must be meeting standards of the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.
- A listing of the Types of Federal Work Study Jobs for 2017-2018 can be found here.
If you have questions regarding this program, contact DeShawn Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: Admissions 3
Supervisor: Brenda Edwards
Job Description: Answer phones, assists with college tours, mail-outs, assist students with completing applications, general office duties
Special Skills Required: Computer, Phone
Pay rate: $8.00
OFF Campus: Food Bank
Supervisor: Wendy Andrews
Job Description: Be able to lift, stock food, take orders, answer phones and file paperwork.
Special Skills Required: Be able to work with the public.
Pay rate: $8.50