Student Support Services-Veterans
TRiO Student Support Services-Veterans (SSS-V) serves 60 eligible participants each year. It is designed to provide academic support to Veteran students who are low income, first generation and/or have a documented disability.
The TRiO Student Support Services-Veterans program at Piedmont Technical College is committed to increasing retention, graduation and transfer through academic, career and personal advising.
SSS-V provides valuable support and services that will assist in student success and persistence towards graduation. SSS-V serves to motivate and help students to accomplish their goals by offering comprehensive individualized support.
Student Support Services-Veterans is a part of TRiO and federally funded by the Department of Education.
The TRiO Student Support Services program is committed to providing quality academic services to improve the overall success of our participants while increasing their exposure to cultural, educational, and career-related activities. Improved persistence, graduation and transfer rates are top priorities.
Student Support Services Veterans Program Benefits and Services
As a participant in the Student Support Services Veterans Program you will have access to the following benefits and services:
- A single point of contact for academic advising, career readiness, financial aid, and/or transfer related questions
- Personalized academic support based on the students’ needs
- Additional three (3) hours of tutoring weekly (at no additional cost to the student)
- VA Benefits Certification (if applicable)
- Assistance with applying for VA Educational Benefits
- Assistance with VA claims
An array of topics such as:
- Time/Stress Management
- Exam Prep and Study Skills
- Financial Literacy (money management, budgeting, financial aid/scholarships)
- CashCourse provides free financial education resources for colleges. To access the PTC CashCourse page, go to http://www.cashcourse.org.
- Career Readiness (resumes, networking, interviewing)
- Transfer Information
- VA Benefits
See a complete list of dates, times and locations for these workshops.
- Cultural/educational activities and trips
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- Access to check out laptops (if available)
- Veterans Luncheons (visit the Highlights page for dates and times)