Machine Tool Operator Certificate
The Machine Tool Operator certificate is designed for those students who would like to learn basic machining skills without being enrolled in a full-time degree program.
The certificate consists of all the machine tool courses given in the first two semesters of the diploma program. All the classes can be used for credit toward a diploma or associate degree.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|MTT 120||Machine Tool Print Reading||3.0|
|MTT 121||Machine Tool Theory I||3.0|
|MTT 122||Machine Tool Practice I||4.0|
|MTT 123||Machine Tool Theory II||3.0|
|MTT 124||Machine Tool Practice II||4.0|
|MTT 143||Precision Measurement||2.0|
|MTT 250||Principles of CNC||3.0|
|CPT 169||Industrial Computer Applications*||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||25.0|
The Machine Tool Operator Certificate is designed for those students who would like to learn basic machining skills without being enrolled in the full-time degree program. The Certificate consists of all the machine tool courses given in the first two semesters of the diploma program. All the classes can be used for credit toward a diploma or associate degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply theoretical knowledge gained in class to complete metal working projects to blueprint requirements.
- Setup and safely operate all machine tools required for project completion.
- Apply the proper use of measuring tools for the completion of projects within stated limits.
- Maintain the personal discipline to complete projects on time.
- Use technology in machine shop related to on the job requirements.
- Use applicable tooling correctly during various machining operations.
- To help students maximize financial aid opportunities as well as help ensure that students take their courses in the appropriate sequence, it is recommended that students entering Machine Tool Technology be admitted to the associate degree program, rather than certificate or diploma programs. The Machine Tool Operator Certificate can be earned and awarded when it is completed. Be aware that not all MTT courses are offered each semester, so the best practice is to advise students to take the courses as outlined in the semester-by-semester graduation plan below.
- Students should only begin this certificate in the FALL semester.
- MTT courses are offered during days and evenings.
Notes about individual classes
- If student needs a MTT class that is not offered, contact Don Lytch (at the Lex Walters Campus in Greenwood) or Phillip Calhoun (at the Center for Advanced Manufacturing in Laurens)
Notes about other requirements
- The Machine Tool student should be prepared to purchase $350 worth of hand-tools necessary for project work. A good calculator with sine, cosine and tangent functions, along with fractional/decimal equivalent is recommended (TI-36X Solar by Texas Instruments). Safety glasses are required.
2018-2019, 2019-2020 Semester-by-Semester Graduation Plans
- Enrollment advisor: Please send the MTT academic advisor electronic notification of student's enrollment if student is not able to meet with his or her academic advisor for initial advisement.
- You can find the name of your assigned academic advisor by reviewing Degree Works, your Class Schedule, or by visiting the Advising webpage.
- You may contact Don Lytch (at the Lex Walters Campus in Greenwood) or Phillip Calhoun (at the Center for Advanced Manufacturing in Laurens) for information about this program.
- Please e-mail email@example.com for advising information updates and corrections.
Advisement Information updated/reviewed 10/2018.