New Students

You're a first-time college student if you've never attended college and/or this is your first college experience since high school. There are a few simple steps involved in enrolling at Piedmont Technical College.

Did you know?

More than 90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. And 7 out of 10 attend tuition free.

» Learn about Financial Aid

Apply for Admission

Select one of the following application methods:

Apply for Financial Aid


You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.

Submit Your Transcripts

Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution.

Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.

All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the Student Records Office. 

  • Email Submissions:
  • Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648

All Official High School Transcripts  and GED Transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Contact the issuing institution to have copies sent to Piedmont Tech.

  • Email Submissions:
  • Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648


If you do not have a GED and would like to find an Adult Education Center within our service area, a list of centers can be found here

Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delivered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.

If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Renae Frazier about required documentation.

If you completed college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator.  A list of agencies can be found at


Complete or Exempt the Placement Test

Stop by your local Piedmont Tech location to take the placement test. Although appointments aren't required, please check the testing hours online and call Admissions at (864) 941-8369 or email us at to let us know when you're coming, and stop by our office in Room 101B on the Greenwood Campus when you arrive to check in.

To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.

Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. 

Placement Test exemption criteria:

  • Earned a minimum score of 19 on ACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
  • Prior to March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 480 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 480 on Math waives the Math portion.
  • After March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 510 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 510 on Math waives the Math portion.
  • Completed college level English and Math courses from a regionally accredited or approved institution with minimum grades of "C"
  • Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
Attend Advisement/Registration

New students need to meet with a New Student Advisor to discuss career goals and register for classes. Contact the New Student Advising Office or visit a campus near you. After your conversation, you'll register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.

Additional Health Care Requirements

Health Care programs are limited enrollment and have special admissions requirements that must be met before students can be accepted to the clinical phase of most programs.

Other Reminders:

  • Attend an Orientation program. Please click here for information on our live orientation sessions. 
  • Go to your PTC Pathway account to monitor your financial aid status, access your financial statements, class schedule and many other student services. Your access to PTC Pathway will be granted once you complete the admissions process for enrollment.
  • Obtain your PTC Identification Card and purchase your books and supplies at the PTC Campus Shop or online at Books are also available for purchase at any County Campus.  Please check for dates and times.
  • Pay your tuition and fees by the assigned deadline to avoid being dropped from classes.

Need help?

Stop by any of our seven campus locations, or just give us a call. The main admissions office is located on the Greenwood Campus.

Room 101BGreenwood CampusPhone: (864) 941-8369

» Admissions Employee Directory