You're a first-time college student if you've never attended college and/or this is your first college experience since high school. There are a few simple steps involved in enrolling at Piedmont Technical College.
- Apply for Admission
Select one of the following application methods:
- Submit an online application
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
- Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
- Submit Your Transcripts
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution.
Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the Student Records Office.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
If you do not have a GED and would like to find an Adult Education Center within our service area, a list of centers can be found here.
Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delivered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Renae Frazier about required documentation.
If you completed college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
- Complete or Exempt the Placement Test
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. Remember: this test is not pass/fail. The test is used to help determine which courses you should take when you start at PTC.
If you are a dual enrollment student, contact the Dual Enrollment Office to schedule testing at 864-941-8352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for testing, follow these instructions. If you have any questions about the placement test, please contact the Testing Center by phone at 864-941-8748 or by email at TestingCenter@ptc.edu.
The Placement Test may be waived when a student meets one or more of the following criteria:
- A South Carolina High School GPA of at least 3.0 and a grade of "C" or better in Algebra II or higher.
- A grade of "C" or higher in a college-level English and Math course from a regionally accredited or approved institution.
- Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum score of 19 on ACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A minimum SAT score of at least 450 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 450 on Math waives the Math portion.
- A minimum GED score of 165 for Reasoning Through Language Arts and Mathematical Reasoning beginning with the 2016 GED.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Once you have completed your Placement Test, be sure to speak with an Admissions Counselor to confirm you are ready for advising and registration.
- Attend Advisement/Registration
New students need to meet with an Enrollment Advisor to discuss career goals and register for classes. Your acceptance letter to the college has a link to book your appointment. After your conversation, you'll register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.
Additional Health Care Requirements
Health Care programs are limited enrollment and have special admissions requirements that must be met before students can be accepted to the clinical phase of most programs.
- Attend an Orientation program. Please click here for information on our live orientation sessions.
- Go to your PTC Pathway account to monitor your financial aid status, access your financial statements, class schedule and many other student services. Your access to PTC Pathway will be granted once you complete the admissions process for enrollment.
- Obtain your PTC Identification Card. ID Card & Parking Sticker information here.
- Purchase your books and supplies at the PTC Campus Shop or online at www.ptc.bncollege.com. Books are also available for purchase at any County Campus. Please check for dates and times.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the assigned deadline to avoid being dropped from classes.
Stop by any of our seven campus locations, or just give us a call. The main admissions office is located on the Greenwood Campus.
Room 101B, Greenwood Campus | Phone: (864) 941-8369