Come be a part of a team that is committed to student success where your contribution to the learning environment and community is both valued and recognized!
Career Opportunities at Piedmont Technical College
Piedmont Technical College posts all vacancies, full and part-time, at www.jobs.sc.gov. Applications are only accepted through the SC State E-recruitment system referenced above and all application procedures must be followed in order for an application to be considered. We do not accept paper applications, emailed applications, or faxed applications for any vacancies. We emphasize that any application or related documents, other than those submitted on-line, will not be accepted, reviewed or responded to.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to candidates individually regarding the status of their application or the status of the interview process.
Maintenance Outage Announcement: On Tuesday, October 25th from 12:00 am - 3:00 am Pacific Time, all employment application products will be offline during this scheduled performance maintenance.
- Applicants must create a profile on the SC State E-recruitment system page at www.jobs.sc.gov. Search for Piedmont Technical College and click Find Jobs.
- Qualified applicants must then submit the online State of SC Employment Application along with relevant attachments in order to be considered for a position. If a candidate does not meet the minimum job requirements, they will not be considered for the position.
- A resume may NOT be substituted for the online application, however, applicants MUST attach to their application:
- a cover letter
- a current resume
- digital copies of official or unofficial transcripts
- For all faculty and some staff positions, copies of transcripts will need to be reviewed to assess qualification, so it is very important to include them with the application. If the candidate is called for an interview, copies of transcripts will be required. Official transcripts will only be required if hired.
- A separate application must be submitted for each position of interest. The Human Resources Office does not keep applications and/or résumés on file for future vacancies. By creating a profile, an applicant will easily be able to apply for multiple positions with the readily available saved application and attachments on the profile.
- Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline of the vacancy if a deadline is posted. Otherwise, online applications will be accepted until a top candidate is selected, at which point the vacancy will close. Vacancies will be posted for at least 5 days. Applications will not be accepted after a position has closed unless it reopens at a later time.
- Criminal background checks will be conducted on applicants selected for employment.
- Piedmont Technical College is an E-verify participating employer.
Please call the Human Resources Office at (864)941-8726 during regular office hours if you have questions regarding employment procedures. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Piedmont Technical College.
Piedmont Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Employee and applicant inquiries concerning the federal laws and their application to the College may be directed to the College’s Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Officer, the Director of Human Resources, Alesia Brown, PTC, PO Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648, 864-941-8611, who serves as the College's Section 504, Title II, and Title IX Coordinator.
Student and prospective student inquiries concerning the federal laws and their application to the College or any student decision may be directed to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, Andy Omundson, PTC, PO Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648, 864-941-8376.
Pursuant to section 41-1-110 of the Code of Laws of S.C., as amended, the language used in this document does not create an employment contract between the employee and the college.
Adjuncts, Temporary and CWS - November 18, 2016
Permanent Employees - October 31, 2016
Adjuncts pay is in equal installments over the duration of the semester on a one month lag.
Other Job Openings Around the Area (Jobs @ a Glance)