To enroll in Dual Enrollment courses, you must be a high school junior or senior.
All students will be subject to the college's rules and regulations. Provisional credit will be granted for work completed satisfactorily. Credit that is applicable toward a degree will be granted after high school graduation.
1. Submit a Dual Enrollment Form
Obtain the necessary registration forms from your guidance counselor or:
- Submit an online application
- Download a printable registration form
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
Students will receive lottery tuition assistance if they take two (2) classes or six (6) credit hours within the same semester. Bills will be sent out several weeks after classes begin.
2. Complete the Placement Test
If you have already earned appropriate scores on the SAT (480 Verbal and 480 Math) or the ACT (20), then you will not have to take Piedmont Tech's placement test. Otherwise, please select one of the following testing methods:
- See your counselor to make plans to test at your high school.
- Contact our Admissions Office at (864) 941-8369 to make plans to take the test at the Greenwood Campus
- Contact your local campus to take the test.
3. Register for Classes
Register for classes at your high school with your guidance counselor. For summer classes, online courses, or PTC classes, register through Piedmont Tech's Dual Enrollment Office.
4. Obtain Your PTC Pathway Account Information
PTC Pathway allows you to go online to access your course schedule, grades, academic records, tuition balance, financial statements, and certain student services. At the time of enrollment, the college will assign you a random PTC ID (P#) that is used to log into your PTC Pathway account. Your date of birth (MMDDYY) will be your temporary password.
5. Purchase Textbooks
If textbooks are necessary, check with your high school guidance counselor for purchase information. Also, check out the online bookstore.