Do not become a statistic! Please take time to read over these simple tips for staying safe both on campus and in your everyday life.
- Do not leave books, purses, book bags, calculators or any valuables unattended.
- Mark your books with your name in dark, indelible ink.
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash or expensive jewelry in your purse or other bags.
- Travel in numbers.
- Call Campus Police and Security for escorts.
- Don’t isolate yourself on campus. If you are studying late on campus, call Public Safety and let us know where you are. We can check on your safety.
- Report suspicious persons or activities to Campus Police and Security.
- Keep doors locked and windows closed while driving and parked.
- Before getting into your car, check the floor and back seat.
- Always have your keys out and ready to unlock the car before you leave the building.
- If you have car trouble, raise the hood and stay in the car. When someone stops, ask that the police be notified.
- Never get into a stranger’s car.