First Time College Students
You're a first-time college student if you've never attended college and/or this is your first college experience since high school. There are a few simple steps involved in enrolling at Piedmont Technical College.
1. Apply for Admission
Select one of the following application methods:
- Submit an online application
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. All applicants are required to have official transcripts sent to Piedmont Technical College. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution. Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.
- All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the student records office.
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- All Official High School Transcripts and GED Transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Contact the issuing institution to have copies sent to Piedmont Tech.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Carol Paguntalan about required documentation.
If you completed high school or college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
3. Complete or Exempt the Placement Test
Stop by your local Piedmont Tech location to take the placement test. Although appointments aren't required, please check the testing hours online and call Admissions at (864) 941-8369 or email us at email@example.com to let us know when you're coming, and stop by our office in Room 103B on the Greenwood Campus when you arrive to check in.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. Visit our Testing Center Web Site for more information on test exemptions and sample test questions.
4. Attend Advisement/Registration
New students need to meet with a New Student Advisor to discuss career goals and register for classes. Contact the New Student Advising and Veterans' Center or visit a campus near you. After your conversation, you'll register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.
5. Attend an Orientation Program
Our new student orientation will provide you with the information you need to make your college experience a positive one. Click here for more details about our online orientation of click here for information on our live orientation sessions.
- Go to your PTC Pathway account to monitor your financial aid status, access your financial statements, class schedule and many other student services. Your access to PTC Pathway will be granted once you complete the admissions process for enrollment.
- Obtain your PTC Identification Card and purchase your books and supplies at the PTC Campus Shop or online at www.ptc.bncollege.com. Books are also available for purchase at any County Campus. Please check for dates and times.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the assigned deadline to avoid being dropped from classes.