Applying for Financial Aid
Piedmont Technical College's tuition rates are already the most affordable in the region, and there are plenty of financial aid options available to offset the cost of attendance even more.
In fact, the average financial package at PTC is more than enough to fully cover the cost of PTC's tuition and fees. To find out how much financial aid you'll receive, you'll first need to apply for aid. Follow the steps below to file your application.
What do you need to know?
- How do I apply for aid? »
- When do I apply for aid? »
- Why do I need to file a FAFSA? »
- What happens next? »
To apply for financial aid, start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. If you don’t own a computer, you can visit any Piedmont Technical College location to complete the application.
- If you have not already done so, create an FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov. If you are a dependent student, have your parents register for an FSA ID of their own.
- Once you have your FSA ID, go to www.fafsa.gov.
- Click "Start a New FAFSA".
- Follow the directions for the FAFSA carefully!
- The Federal School Code for PTC is 003992
- Sign your FAFSA electronically using your FSA ID. If you're unable to sign electronically, print a signature page and mail to the PTC Financial Aid Office.
To make sure you complete your financial aid application on time, you should start early. Although the process isn't difficult, it can be time consuming, and there are deadlines involved.
Financial Aid Priority Dates/Deadlines
Complete the necessary requirements prior to the dates below to make sure your financial aid is awarded is complete before classes start:
FAFSA Priority Dates:
Fall Semester: June 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Term: April 1
Financial Aid File Completion Deadlines:
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Summer Term: April 15
The FAFSA is used to determine how much federal and state aid you may qualify for in an academic year. Any kind of federal aid requires a FAFSA, including subsidized and unsubsidized loans. The FAFSA can be waived for high school students, or for those with bachelor's degrees. Certain third-party benefactors require a FAFSA to be completed before they will pay (ex. WIA, TIA, etc.).
- Once your FAFSA is processed, you receive a Student Aid Report, and PTC receives your FAFSA.
- Some students are selected for a process called verification. If you are selected, the federal processor requires the college to verify the information you submitted on the FAFSA. Some of the common documents you will be required to submit include but are not limited to student/parent tax information, W2’s, PTC verification worksheets.
- You will receive an email asking you to log in to PTC Pathway to complete all Financial Aid Paperwork. Please do this by the file completion deadline.
- Once all paperwork is complete, your financial aid award will be generated, and you will be sent an email asking you to log in to PTC Pathway to review and accept awards.
- Review your Student Account Statement and make any final payment arrangements by the Tuition Deadline.