University of South Carolina Bridge Program
In November 2007, University of South Carolina and SC Technical College System officials signed a historic agreement expanding some of the University's most successful student programs to technical college students who plan to transfer to the University's Columbia campus.
The Bridge Program created in the agreement is intended to make transitions from S.C. technical colleges to the University as seamless as possible and to increase the success of transfer students once they're enrolled at the Columbia campus.
The University and technical colleges will identify and contact students who are eligible for the Bridge Program. Participating students will have access to a variety of services from the University's admissions, housing, and financial aid offices, the Career Center, and the Student Success Center.
Bridge Program participants will benefit from an array of services that will improve their transitions from technical colleges to the University. Some of these services include:
- Admissions counseling
- Financial-aid education
- Major and career counseling
- Assistance from student mentors
- First priority to live in East Quad’s transfer student living and learning community after successful admission to USC (pending space availability; option only available to students admitted for the fall)
- Invitations to special events
How to Enroll
- Apply to PTC either online or in person and identify yourself as a Bridge program student. Visit our admissions page for more detailed application instructions.
- Complete the USC Bridge Enrollment Form.