If you've taken courses at another college or university, and you're now planning to transfer into PTC to attend full- or part-time, you're a transfer student. There are a few simple steps to enroll. Choose the option that best describes you.
Did you know?
More than 90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. And 7 out of 10 attend tuition free.
To ensure that your transfer to PTC goes smoothly, we suggest that you start early. Complete the following steps as soon as possible to avoid delays in transcript evaluation:
1. Apply for Admission
Select one of the following application methods:
- Submit an online application
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
Students looking to transfer to one of Piedmont Tech’s Health Science or Nursing programs must be aware of special requirements and procedures for students to enter the clinical phase of those programs. Students must complete the 3-step mandatory Health Science and Nursing Information Session to obtain the needed information.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
3. Submit Transcripts
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution.
Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.
- All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the student records office.
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- All Official High School Transcripts and GED Transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Contact the issuing institution to have copies sent to Piedmont Tech.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delivered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Renae Frazier about required documentation.
If you completed college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
4. Complete or Exempt the Placement Test
Stop by your local Piedmont Tech location to take the placement test. Although appointments aren't required, please check the testing hours online and call Admissions at (864) 941-8369 or email us at email@example.com to let us know when you're coming, and stop by our office in Room 101B on the Greenwood Campus when you arrive to check in.
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. The placement test is waived if valid transfer credit is awarded in English and math. To view guidelines outlining how transfer of credit is awarded, please refer to the Transfer Into PTC Policy.
Placement Test exemption criteria:
- Earned a minimum score of 19 on ACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- Prior to March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 480 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 480 on Math waives the Math portion.
- After March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 510 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 510 on Math waives the Math portion.
- Completed college level English and Math courses from a reginally accredited or approved institution with minimum grades of "C"
- Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Once you have completed your Placement Test, be sure to speak with an Admissions Counselor to confirm you are ready for advising and registration.
5. Meet with an Enrollment Advisor and Register for Classes
Contact a campus near you to meet with an enrollment advisor and plan your schedule of classes. After your meeting, you'll register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.
Additional Nursing and Health Science Requirements
Health Science and Nursing programs are limited enrollment and have special admissions requirements that must be met before students can be accepted to the clinical phase of most programs.