If you've attended PTC previously for college credit, you're a returning student. Please complete the steps below to enroll.
- Apply for Admission
Returning students who have not been enrolled for more than one year (or three semesters) must complete a new application. Select one of the following application methods:
- Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
- Submit Your Transcripts
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution.
Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.
All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the student records office.
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
All Official High School Transcripts and GED Transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Contact the issuing institution to have copies sent to Piedmont Tech.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
If you completed college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delivered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Renae Frazier about required documentation.
- Complete or Exempt the Placement Test
Stop by your local Piedmont Tech location to take the placement test. Although appointments aren't required, please check the testing hours online and call the Admissions Office at (864) 941-8369 or email us at email@example.com to let us know when you're coming , and stop by our office in Room 101B on the Greenwood Campus when you arrive to check in.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test.
Placement Test exemption criteria:
- Earned a minimum score of 19 on ACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- Prior to March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 480 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 480 on Math waives the Math portion.
- After March 2016, earned a minimum SAT score of at least 510 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 510 on Math waives the Math portion.
- Completed college level English and Math courses from a regionally accredited or approved institution with minimum grades of "C"
- Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Register for Classes
Schedule an appointment with your advisor (see Advisor Referral Guide) to plan your schedule of classes, register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.
Additional Health Care Requirements
Health Care programs are limited enrollment and have special admissions requirements that must be met before students can be accepted to the clinical phase of most programs.