If you've attended PTC previously for college credit, you're a returning student. Please complete the steps below to enroll.
Did you know?
More than 90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid.
- Apply for Admission
Returning students who have not been enrolled for more than one year (or three semesters) must complete a new application. Select one of the following application methods:
- Submit an online application
- Visit the Admissions Office on the Greenwood Campus
- Visit any County Campus
- Apply for Financial Aid
You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately to receive lottery tuition or federal financial assistance. Do not wait until classes start! Click here to learn about financial aid opportunities and policies.
- Submit Your Transcripts
Once your application is filed, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED and any college transcripts. Transcripts may be delivered by mail, email or in person. If delivered in person the transcript must be sealed. If delivered via email, the transcripts must come directly from the academic institution.
Please review the following for more specific transcript submission details.All Official College Transcripts should be submitted to the Student Records Office.
- Email Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Student Records, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
- Email Submissions: email@example.com
- Mail Submissions: Attn: Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1467, Greenwood, SC 29648
If you completed college/university coursework outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of agencies can be found at www.naces.org.
Note: Although PTC prefers your official transcript for more accurate course placement, the college will accept your original High School/GED diploma as verification in lieu of the official transcript for Admission purposes. Diplomas must be delivered in person to the Admissions Office or County Campus location. Note that an official transcript may still be required to receive certain forms of financial aid.
If you completed high school outside the United States, please contact Renae Frazier about required documentation.
- Complete or Exempt the Placement Test
Unless waived by college personnel, you will need to take the placement test. Remember: this test is not pass/fail. The test is used to help determine which courses you should take when you start at PTC.
To register for testing, follow these instructions. If you have any questions about the placement test, please contact the Testing Center by phone at 864-941-8748 or by email at TestingCenter@ptc.edu.The Placement Test may be waived when a student meets one or more of the following criteria:
- A High School GPA of at least 3.0 and a C or better in Algebra II or higher for South Carolina applicants.
- A C or higher in a college level English and Math course from a regionally accredited or approved institution.
- Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum score of 19 on ACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A minimum SAT score of at least 510 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 510 on Math waives the Math portion.
- A minimum GED score of 165 for Reasoning Through Language Arts and Mathematical Reasoning beginning with the 2016 GED.
To schedule a test appointment at any other PTC location, contact your local campus.
Once you have completed your Placement Test, be sure to speak with an Admissions Counselor to confirm you are ready for advising and registration.
- Register for Classes
Schedule an appointment with your advisor (see Advisor Referral Guide) to plan your schedule of classes, register for classes and receive a printed schedule and a statement for tuition and fees.
Additional Health Care Requirements
Health Care programs are limited enrollment and have special admissions requirements that must be met before students can be accepted to the clinical phase of most programs.
Stop by any of our seven campus locations, or just give us a call. The main admissions office is located on the Greenwood Campus.
Room 101B, Greenwood Campus | Phone: (864) 941-8369