Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates may vary by academic term and location. For eligible students, financial aid can help offset a substantial part of the cost of attending PTC.
Part-Time Students (less than 12 credit hours):
- Greenwood, McCormick, Newberry & Saluda Counties: $179.00 per credit hour
- Abbeville, Edgefield & Laurens Counties: $200.00 per credit hour
- Out of Region: $210.00 per credit hour
- Out of State: $262.00 per credit hour
- International: $336.00 per credit hour
Full-Time Students (12 credit hours):
- Greenwood, McCormick, Newberry & Saluda Counties: $2,148
- Abbeville, Edgefield & Laurens Counties: $2,400
- Out of Region: $2,520
- Out of State: $3,144
- International: $4,032
The rates listed above include a Technology Fee of $5.00 per credit hour.
Please note: Students taking more than 12 credit hours will be charged at the per credit hour tuition rate for each hour taken.
Lottery Tuition Assistance:
Available to eligible students to assist with the cost of attendance:
- For full-time students: $1,140.00
- Part-time Per Credit Hour (six-credit-hour minimum): $95.00
Fees are subject to change. Additional special fees may be assigned for necessary supplies in individual programs.
- Facility Fee: $50 for full-time and $25 for part-time students
- Registration Fee: $25
- Late Registration Fee: Maximum $50
- Audit Fee: $55 per credit hour
- Credit by Exam Fee: $60
- Safety and Security Fee: $5
Payment of Tuition and Fees
Full payment of tuition and fees is expected before the term begins. For your convenience, the college accepts cash, personal checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover for payment of tuition and fees. A 1.5% service charge will be applied to all credit card transactions. Registration on accounts not paid in full by the payment deadline will be deleted. Once you are registered for classes you are responsible for the tuition charged. Please notify the Student Records Office if you are not able to attend; otherwise, you could owe the college for those classes.
Future registrations will be blocked, and all grades will be held for any debt to the college. If a student fails to meet financial obligations to the college and the account is turned over to a collection agency or the S.C. Department of Revenue, the student will be responsible for paying all collection fees involved. Students have 30 days from written notification to dispute any outstanding balances.
Returned checks will be assessed a $30 service charge. Registration will be canceled for any returned checks. The college will allow no more than one returned check per student. After one returned check, the college will accept only cash or credit card. Maximum penalty by state statute will be imposed at all times.