Candidates for entry into one some health care programs must take an admissions test. When you are eligible for entry into the program, you must complete testing before starting the application process.
Programs That Require Testing
- Nursing (ADN)
- Practical Nursing
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Transition Nursing (LPN to ADN)
- TEAS Testing
**Until further notice, we will only be able to administer the TEAS test remotely to PTC students.**
We will continue to offer the TEAS test on the 2nd Thursday of each month as scheduled. New test dates will post on the ATI website each month.
TEAS is a program-entry requirement for all students seeking entry in the Practical Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, and Occupational Therapy Assistant programs. Please review your program’s current Fact Sheet for specific requirements, and discuss any questions you have with your academic advisor.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need accommodations due to a documented disability, please contact Brenda Dailey (107A, 864-941-8378) prior to registering for the TEAS test. Disability Services requires documentation to support the need for specific accommodations. For additional information about accommodations, please click here.
PREPARING FOR THE TEAS: Practice questions and additional information regarding TEAS are available on the Registered Nursing Website. Study materials are available for purchase via the online store on the ATI Testing site. Additionally, the library at the Greenwood Campus (and all of the Learning Resource Centers (LRCs) at the county campuses) has a copy of the ATI Teas Study Manual on reserve for review. Interested students can use these materials while in the library or one of the LRCs; these study materials are for campus use only
To register for the TEAS at Piedmont Technical College, please click this link:
TEAS with Piedmont Technical College proctoring
To register for the TEAS through ATI Proctoring, please click this link:
TEAS with ATI proctoring
PTC TEAS Testing dates, times, and locations:
We will continue to offer the TEAS test on the 2nd Thursday of each month as scheduled. New test dates will post on the ATI website as we determine if it will be administered remotely or on campus.
- TEAS will be offered on the 2nd Thursday of each month
- 8:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- ATI Teas Fact Sheet
TRANSFERRING TEAS SCORES
If you took the TEAS test through another school, please email your scores to our testing center and include your name and P# on record with PTC:
- NLN (Transition Nursing)
National League of Nursing (NLN)
Licensed practical nurses seeking entry into the Transition Nursing program must take and pass the NLN Foundations of Nursing Exam (also called NACE-I or ACE-I) with a minimum score of 65 percentile. Students are only allowed to take this NLN exam once every three years.
- The purpose of this exam is to determine if the student recalls enough information from their PN training to be successful in the Transition Nursing Program.
- Students who do not reach 65% on the NLN Foundations of Nursing Exam are not eligible for the Transition Nursing program. However, they may be eligible to pursue their Associate Degree in Nursing through the regular, full ADN program. To understand the requirements for the regular, full ADN program and the application process, click here.
- Applicants for the Transition Nursing Program do NOT have to take the ATI TEAS.
PREPARING FOR NLN EXAM:
The NLN has created a review publication with practice questions for the NACE Foundations of Nursing exam. See NLN's website for more details. Students may choose to study the Fundamentals and Med-Surg content from their PN textbooks to prepare for the exam. For information about the NLN Foundations of Nursing exam, including the topics covered, length of the test, and other details, click here.
REGISTERING FOR NLN EXAM:
- Create a new account (even if you had one previously) using this link: NLN account for PTC students.
- You may create your own username.
- Enter the P# in the Detail section when creating the account.
- After creating a new account, an email from NLN will be sent with a link to create a password and log in to purchase the exam.
- Purchase the NACE Foundations of Nursing for Examity exam (NLN’s cost is $120 plus tax).
- Tests are available 24/7/365. Students take the exam at home and are being proctored remotely via webcam and microphone through Examity.
TRANSFERRING NLN SCORES
If you took the NLN test through another school, please email your score to our testing center and include your name and P# on record with PTC: