Find the academic program that's right for you. Learn more about PTC's schools and departments and available credentials.Academics »
PTC is here to help you get started on the path toward achieving your goals, whether you're headed toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year institution, or straight into the work force.Admissions »
Cost & Financial Aid
90% of PTC students receive some form of financial aid. We strive to make higher education affordable to everyone.Cost & Financial Aid »
Whether you're looking for help planning your career, or you need some help in your classes, PTC offers a wealth of resources to ensure you have the right tools for success.College Resources »
Want to update your skills, explore a different career path, or learn a new hobby? We have meaningful learning opportunities that you can use right away.Continuing Ed »
PTC's mission is to transform lives and strengthen communities by providing opportunities for intellectual and economic growth.About »
Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver
Legal residents of South Carolina who are at least 60 years of age may be permitted to attend classes, on a space-available basis, without the required payment of tuition if they meet the following criteria established by Piedmont Technical College:
- A registration/waiver form will need to be completed and submitted to Student Records. By signing this form, senior citizens are certifying that they are 60 years of age or older and that they are not employed full-time.
- Senior citizens should complete a FAFSA, and the senior citizen waiver will only be used to the extent tuition is not covered by other grant aid.
- Senior citizens who qualify for financial aid and will not require a waiver may enroll in any program and register during regular registration.
- Senior citizens who are requesting the waiver, do not complete the FAFSA, or do not qualify for any grant aid, may register beginning the first day of class and up through the end of the add/drop period. The late registration fee will not apply to seniors required to register late.
- The base tuition will be waived for credit classes only. The waiver will not cover fees, books, supplies or miscellaneous expenses.
- The senior citizen waiver can only be used one time per course and is limited to 12 credit hours per semester.