149488 Building/Grounds Specialist I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Location: Greenville Area
City: Greenville, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $7.25/hr - $10.28/hr
HS diploma; or 10th grade equivalency + 1 yr related work experience.
-Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in large commercial/educational facilities.
-Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
-Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength (ex: dumping a bucket of mop water in a waist high custodial sink).
-Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
In this challenging role, you will support the Custodial Services department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Vacuum college facilities. Clean college facilities to include, but not limited to, classrooms, labs, meeting rooms, offices, building entrances, stairwells, and industrial shops.Sanitize restrooms.
- Remove trash and debris from college facilities.
- Collect and deliver to designated collection points cardboard, plastic, and other recycling items for sorting, baling, and delivery to material recovery facilities.
- Police areas outside of buildings for litter and other debris.
- Keep custodial equipment clean and functional. Report to lead custodian or supervisor if any equipment is not functioning properly.
- Assist other college departments as assigned by lead custodian or supervisor.
CAMPUS: As assigned
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment. ***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.