3096759 - Biomedical Technician Apprentice
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: General Electric
City: Multiple locations
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Title: 3096759 - Biomedical Technician Apprentice
Business: GE Healthcare
Location: Various US Locations
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, the Biomedical Technician Apprentice will respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
• Current student or recent graduate of no more than 6 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
• Previous exposure to troubleshooting equipment and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and education.
• Willing to take a drug test.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
To be considered for an interview you MUST ALSO apply through our website: www.ge.com/careers and search for Job# 3096759
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Experience interfacing with both apprenticeal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
• Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
• Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
• Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements