Date Posted: June 17, 2021
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Organization: Diana Pet Food
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: SALARY: From $14.50/hourly Sign-on bonus of $1,000.00 (after 90 days of employment) BENEFITS: Diana Pet Food offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, long and short term benefits. Holiday pay, vacation and personal time paid time off.
• Be able to follow safety rules, standard operation procedures, and polices
• Demonstrate effective communication
• Achieve assigned tasks with pride and sense of accomplishment
• Demonstrates clear understanding and ability to perform the assigned job duties in an effective manner
• Basic computers skills
• Be able to walk and exercise dogs and interact with cats.
• Be able lift up to 50 lbs
• Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
· High school diploma required; Associate degree in Veterinarian Technology or related field preferred
Responsible for performing palatability trials, animal husbandry and wellbeing activities, and facility upkeep to ensure the Panelis mission is accomplished.
• Perform palatability test procedures in accordance with established schedules, procedures, and instructions in a manner that ensures reliable results are obtained.
• Accurately record data and manage testing software as required.
• Record abnormal observations related to equipment, animals, and facility and notify appropriate individual(s) of the observations.
• Perform procedures as indicated in the husbandry protocol documents and as required by the Panelis supervisor.
• Help maintain the interior and exterior of the animal facility, as necessary.
• Clean, spot clean and sanitize animal rooms, pens, trays, and equipment, to keep animals clean and comfortable.
• Keep outdoor spaces clean and free from hazards to the animals.
• Control and restock supplies as needed.
• Maintain veterinary medical records such as arrivals/departures, treatments, behavior issues.
• Observe animals daily for indication of clinical illness and report as necessary.
• Ensure kittens and puppies are successfully integrated into the facility.
• Administer treatments as required and perform routine preventative and veterinary technical procedures.
• Perform tasks related to animal’s wellbeing, grooming, and socialization as scheduled.
• Contribute with the animal recruitment and adoption activities, as requested.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE / EQUIPMENT UPKEEP
Assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues with the automatic feeding system in the catteries.
5300 Hwy 25 N
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.