Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 8, 2018
Organization: City of Fountain Inn
Location: Greenville Area
City: Fountain Inn
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Candidates must possess…
- Willing to be a team player
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Experience with Gas or a Utility is a plus
Education/Work Experience Required:
Associates degree in accounting or business is a plus
1-2 years work experience.
The billing assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to,:
- completing three monthly billing cycles with accuracy and on-time so the gas bills are sent out timely.
- able to manually calculate bills
- able to change the gas rates in the system and be able to calculate BTU’s
- able to process any reports needed after the billing is done that need to go to the gas manager, finance director and accounts payable
- able to request refund checks on finalized accounts that have a credit balance due and once the refund checks are in her possession, do the adjustments on the accounts and mail them to the customer
- assist in doing the state sales taxes and requesting the check from accounts payable and making sure it is mailed in a timely manner to avoid any fees
- Assist in the creation of new service lines
- work as a customer service representative assisting the front counter staff as needed and when not working on a billing. They will process payments made with credit cards, cash and checks etc
Accuracy is extremely important to the position in all areas of procedures to ensure bills are correct and no customer is billed incorrectly. This is a very high level of responsibility and will require dedication and diligence.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.FOUNTAININN.ORG . WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR OPEN POSITIONS. ONLY COMPLETED ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. THE CITY OF FOUNTAIN INN IS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYER, MEANING THAT EITHER THE EMPLOYER OR THE EMPLOYEE MAY END THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON.