Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 17, 2020
Organization: US Census Bureau
Location: All Counties
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: $15.00-$21.00 per hour (depending upon position) + mileage reimbursement
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
Conduct field activities such as updating address lists and maps, conducting in-person interviews to gather census data and conducting other follow up activities.
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.