Conv Mach Operator I (Weekend 2nd Shift)
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Deadline: June 25, 2022
Organization: FN America, LLC
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); zero to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to use and interpret SPC data as required and read prints.
- Must be able to calculate metric and standard measurements. Knowledge of basic measuring and testing equipment.
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Implements and sustains Lean initiatives for improvements in quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- Print reading, must be able to calculate metric and standard measurements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will occasionally be exposed to chemicals such as cutting fluids, coolants, and oils.
Demonstrates attention to detail. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Plans and performs a variety of operations utilizing conventional machines to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Interprets basic drawings, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, and turning on CNC machining centers or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews OCS/OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, tooling requirements/changes and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications. (metric and inch).
- Preforms preventative maintenance as required.
797 Old Clemson Rd
Columbia, SC 29229
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.