Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician- Lumber
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or higher
- Must be willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- At least 3 years of electrical and instrumentation experience to include troubleshooting, in a manufacturing environment
- At least 1 year of experience with installation, calibration, fabrication and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be able to work any shift, variable start times, including overtime, weekends, and holidays (as required)
- Must have experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Must have experience troubleshooting equipment for mechanical hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical issues
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment.
- Experience in industrial electrical repair, process controls and instrumentation
- Instrument/analyzer troubleshooting and repair experience with various instruments including but not limited to level, pressure, flow, detectors, oxygen analyzers, pH meters, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience troubleshooting PLCs
What Will Put You Ahead?
Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics/ mechanical drawings
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e.- spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.) and MS Word (document creation, formatting and editing etc.)
Working Knowledge of MP2 or equivalent CMMS system
Experience reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
Experience interpreting P&ID’s, installing process control equipment, calibrating temperature, pressure and flow transmitters, and repairing control valves
Two (2) year degree from technical college or school in the fields of Industrial Maintenance, Electrical, or other technical field
Experience with fabrication and welding
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for an Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician at our Prosperity Lumber facility. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. If you are interested in an opportunity where you have the ability to advance your electrical/mechanical troubleshooting skills while working in a team environment, then this may be the role for you!
Overtime is a normal requirement. Weekend work is required routinely. Work area is subject to seasonal temperatures and outside weather conditions. Subject to noise levels requiring constant hearing protection. Exposure to caustics, chemicals, lubricants and hydraulic fluids are common to this type work.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Following all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) guidelines for production of wood products
- Researching parts in electrical/mechanical manuals and submitting order forms
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all electrical and mechanical lumber manufacturing equipment to ensure production continuity and efficiency
- Responding to operator, quality and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications
- Assisting operators or crewmembers with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.