Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Organization: Express Employment Professionals
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $15- $17 per hour
* Entry level experience in iron pouring, ladle repair, furnace charging and furnace operation.
* Must have an understanding of basic gray/ductile iron charge make-up to produce iron that meets required specifications.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
* Ability to stand throughout a 10-hour shift
* Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
* Math skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Problem solving and decision-making
As a Melt Operations Controller you will be responsible for charge make-up and delivery of iron. You will also set, adjust and operate controls of one or more induction or arc furnaces to melt metal for casting purposes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operates control station to monitor and control melting station
* Analyzes control signals
* Controls melting operations
* Detects deviations and initiates corrective action
245 E Blackstock Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.