Gas Dept. Crew Worker
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 8, 2018
Organization: City of Fountain Inn
Location: Greenville Area
City: Fountain Inn
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Candidates must possess…
- Willing to be a team player
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Experience with Gas or a Utility is a plus
- Butt fusion
- Electrofusion certification
Education/Work Experience Required:
High school diploma or GED, 1-2 years work experience.
This position performs manual labor for installation of gas services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
- Assists in the installation of main gas lines and service lines. Ensures line is placed correctly and safely. Purges new lines of air and debris
- Installs tie-ins to connect new lines to existing lines. Installs shut off valves. Taps into lines under immediate gas pressure
- Performs electrical fusion on plastic pipe.
- Repairs damaged lines and checks for gas leaks. Digs up line and repairs leaks when necessary
- Lays pipe and tests with air pressure to ensure there are no leaks. Bores roads to lay pipe under roads.
- Locates utility lines before and while digging to prevent damage to other utilities. Puts tracing wire in ditches to locate lines. May dig up power and water lines to lay gas lines under them as needed.
- Patches roads with asphalt or gravel where cut by gas utility work.
- Reseeds grass and other landscape repair work excavated by utility crews.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.FOUNTAININN.ORG . WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR OPEN POSITIONS. ONLY COMPLETED ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. THE CITY OF FOUNTAIN INN IS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYER, MEANING THAT EITHER THE EMPLOYER OR THE EMPLOYEE MAY END THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON.