Date Posted: May 11, 2022
Deadline: June 11, 2022
Organization: Southeast Power Corporation
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Work is performed outside and includes exposure to extreme cold, heat inclement weather & noise.
- Willing to work in various locations across the state/country and for extended periods, when required.
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
- CDL is not required but a plus; Valid Driver's license required
- Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to understand and communicate information and work in a team environment
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, dig, climb and reach
- Able to lift, carry and place heavy objects
- Must have acceptable MVR
- We participate in E-Verify
Required Physical Demands:
This role does require the physical ability to climb, bend stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, and repetitive motions.
The Groundman position is an entry-level position in the construction, maintenance and repair of distribution, transmission & substation systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions considering business necessity.
- Work safely while providing assistance to the crew in completion of new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized work.
- Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Understands basic rigging, hand lines and lineman knot tying.
- Understands the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
- Capable of receiving and following directions.
- Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single-phase transformer.
- Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding.
- Understands minimum approach distance.
- Capable of performing excavation and shoring.
- Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
- Capable of installing and removing a service.
- Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- Understands how and when to use Kellum grips.
- Able to identify different types of materials used in line work.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
125 Best Dr
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.