Human Resources Generalist
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Deadline: June 19, 2022
Organization: Titan Farms
City: Ridge Spring
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Titan Farms offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, short term disability insurance, employee assistance plan, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. $45,000 - $60,000 a year DOE
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent required; Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of Human Resources Management experience
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- 1 year experience conducting interview / processing for hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures
- Must be knowledgeable and current on Human Resources trends and law updates.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing to learn and be able to recognize changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise good judgement.
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly sought after.
Founded in 1999 by Chalmers and Lori Anne Carr, Titan Farms is the premier grower, packer, and shipper of fresh peaches and vegetables.
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources the Human Resource Generalist will assist with complex and specialized tasks including interviewing and hiring staff, managing the company H2A program, administering pay, benefits, leave and enforcing company policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Hands on management of the H2A worker program with items such as contracts, housing, transportation, workers compensation, visa appointments, scheduling Social Security Office appointments for new H2A workers, creating file folders for H2A workers, scheduling driver physicals, updating master H2A employee listing as required.
- Help conducts and continually refining the H2A employee orientation.
- Attend ongoing seminars and industry association meetings on Immigration and Guest Worker topics.
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Reviews applications for entry-level and non-exempt positions; conducts and/or schedules preliminary interviews.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes, which may include hiring, resignations, terminations, and leaves of absence.
- Assists with the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Plans and supports company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Act as first point of contact responding to a broad range of HR related inquires including policy and benefit questions; routes and raises issues to the Director
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 RW Dubose Rd
Ridge Spring, SC 29129
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.