Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Organization: Presbyterian College
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Technical/trade school graduation or equivalent apprenticeship.
- Three years’ experience at the journey level.
- Knowledge of heating, refrigeration/air conditioning equipment and/or pneumatic and electrical control systems as applicable to work specialty.
- Knowledge of all tools, materials, methods and hazards of the trade.
- Skill in the use of tools of the trade.
- Ability to perform delicate repairs.
- Knowledge of local and national fire underwriter’s codes as applicable to work performed.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting, climbing ladders, kneeling and/or standing for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
Required Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration, Or Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED and Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Under direct supervision of Maintenance Supervisor, to perform duties related to the repair, maintenance, operation, adjustment, and/or installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and related electric, pneumatic control systems, piping and building automation systems.
- Install, repair, adjust, service, and maintain electric or pneumatic control systems for heating ventilation, air conditioning, humidity, laboratory equipment, including calibration of related instruments, gauges and controls.
- Install, operate, service, and repair conventional mechanical refrigeration/air conditioning equipment including ice cream and ice making machines, standard refrigerators, and general purpose air conditioning units.
- Repair, clean, adjust, and/or install oil and gas burners and auxiliary heating specialties other than high pressure equipment.
- Conduct necessary tests of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of breakdown; remove and replace faulty parts, subassemblies and major components; re-test equipment with repaired components and make required adjustments and corrections.
- Recommend ordering of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain air compressors, air dryers, and low voltage installations such as warning light systems.
- Instruct and advise users of proper operation of equipment.
- May be required to make emergency repairs at hours other than normally scheduled.
- May direct helpers and other tradesmen in performance of duties.
- Repair, operate, maintain hydronic systems such as boiler, chillers and pumps.
- Install additional electrical/plumbing components to improve performance or for adaptation to existing system(s).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Make adjustments to system operating and monitoring systems.
- Recommend seasonal settings for campus facilities to ensure occupant comfort and energy savings.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as needed.
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com
503 S Broad St
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.