INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE REPAIRMAN
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
What You Will Need:
- Must be willing to adhere to safety rules and regulations, wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
- At least 6 months of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that including, but not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work at heights, in confined spaces, over water and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Candidate must supply personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Must be willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for an extended period (lifting, walking, climbing, twisting, stooping)
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to use a computer to compose/send emails, complete computer-based training, etc.
- Must be able to accurately perform mathematical functions
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience operating mobile or industrial equipment
- Basic knowledge of welding/fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and replacing mechanical devices (cylinders, valves, sprockets, chains, etc.)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- At least 1 year of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or similar environment OR currently have or pursuing a technical degree in a mechanical or related field
The Prosperity Plywood Maintenance & Reliability department has an opening for a critical role to the team. Please read the key responsibilities and basic qualifications below for the INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE REPAIRMAN role.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Driving Prosperity’s safety culture to a higher level which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a safe environment, sustaining a high level of housekeeping, ensuring all work is accomplished without a safety incident and abiding by Georgia Pacific safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment for improved reliability
- Completing work orders and turning in daily
- This person who accepts this position will be required to complete computer-based training, on-the-job training as well as classroom training.
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.