Industrial Maintenance Repairman
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 29, 2021
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- At least 6 months of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that including, but not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work at heights, in confined spaces, over water and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Candidate must supply personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to use a computer to compose/send emails, complete computer-based training, etc.
- Must be able to accurately perform mathematical functions
- Experience operating mobile or industrial equipment
- Basic knowledge of welding/fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and replacing mechanical devices (cylinders, valves, sprockets, chains, etc.)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- At least 1 year of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or similar environment OR currently have or pursuing a technical degree in a mechanical or related field
The Prosperity Plywood Maintenance & Reliability department has an opening for a critical role to the team. The Industrial Maintenance Repairman assists in driving the safety culture at the facility in multiple ways.
What you will do in your role
- Maintaining a safe environment by sustaining a high level of housekeeping, ensuring all work is accomplished without a safety incident and abiding by Georgia-Pacific safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment for improved reliability
- Completing work orders and turning in daily
- Participating in computer-based training, on-the-job training as well as classroom training
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.