Information Technology Director
Date Posted: July 25, 2022
Deadline: August 26, 2022
Organization: County of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Four-year degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Budgetary experience in an agency or private sector business with an annual budget not less than $1 million
- Knowledge of fundamental computing and networking methodologies and technologies and techniques of planning programs and work activities in an information technology environment.
- Knowledge of networking needs in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking, firewalls, switches, wireless technology, and Internet protocol.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Proficient in the operation of Audio/Visual equipment (microphones, speakers, cameras)
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience in responding to both routine and emergent needs of a workplace using a variety of computer/information technology systems and software packages
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate problems in a time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and execute strategic projects in an effective and efficient manner
- Willingness to be a continuous learner to maintain expertise in area related to Newberry County’s IT needs
The Information Technology Director manages IT-related activities in one or more of the following information technology areas: system administration, network support, operating systems support, systems design and/or implementation, telecommunications systems, or user/client services. Responsible for planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex network systems and audio/visual equipment.
1330 College St
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.