Lab Technician Lead
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 22, 2019
Job Type: Part Time
- Minimum education requirements: High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ lab experience.
- Chem Lab experience highly desired.
- Must be able to interpret control chart results, troubleshooting of instrumentation, and writing procedures.
- Prior experience training new technicians preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of Ascend chemical procedures (STM's and Procedure Briefs) for analysis of in-plant materials.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the properties of chemicals used in the lab.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment including computer terminals such as spectrophotomers (x-ray, UV, infrared), automated titraters, and viscometers, and polarograptt.
- Maintain knowledge of the entire nylon process, batch polymer, salt strike, CP, drawing.
BASIC ASSESSMENT: SC WorkKeys Math, Reading and Locating with a score of 4 or higher.
- Problem Solving: Probes all fruitful sources for answers; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; can see hidden problems, uses rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions.
- Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others; enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum amount of planning.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity & Trust: Is seen as a direct and truthful individual; is widely trusted; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Must work where the noise level requires hearing protection.
- May be exposed to various hazards such as corrosive chemicals (acetic acid for autoclave acid boil), steam, molten polymer, equipment related dangers, etc.
- Routine safety equipment: safety shoes, ear plugs/muffs, safety glasses
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull buggies or carts up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. or less.
- Capable of walking/standing 8-10 hours per day.
The Lab Technician Lead is responsible to provide laboratory expertise to support the day to day lab activities. Lead Technician will keep analytical methods updated and available for reference, monitors method performance (repeatability and reproducibility) and responds to signals indicating and out of control measurement method. In addition, the Lab Technician Lead conducts troubleshooting, monitoring and maintenance on laboratory methods and equipment, and trains other technicians in the lab.