Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 1, 2020
Organization: Teknor Apex
City: Fountain Inn
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Depending upon experience
Qualifications & Competencies
- Individual must have a minimum of a high school education or GED equivalency. An Associates degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Basic computer skills
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and to physically perform all Plastics Laboratory tests.
- Must be able to go into production area or warehouse as necessary to take samples, perform inspections, retrieve retained samples, or place quality hold tags on material.
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
Teknor Apex Carolina Company located in Fountain Inn, SC is searching for a Laboratory Technician.
As a Lab Technician you will be responsible to ensure quality of Vinyl Compounds and perform all required and specified additional testing on these compounds.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Tests and records in-process physical properties on compounds for compliance to internal and customer specifications. Must also be able to do the same for testing done after the run.
- Specifies and records adjustments (when applicable) to be made to any compound which does not meet specifications.
- Places all material failing to meet specifications and requirements on Quality Hold (unless adjusted into specification and even then if a major adjustment has been made.)
- Performs any additional testing or inspection as specified by the Plastics Laboratory Manager or the Technical Manager.
- Package samples as needed for testing at the Chemicals Laboratory or the Corporate Analytical Laboratory. Must carry samples to the Chemicals Laboratory or prepare samples for shipment to outside labs or facilities as needed.
- Perform all calibration or verification of calibration procedures as required.
- Perform required testing and approval procedures for raw materials.
- Perform investigations and do the required testing on customer complaints.
- Must move retain boxes of pellet samples, raw materials, extruded tapes, etc. as needed.
3rd Shift from 11pm to 7am. For training purposes this person will need to be available to work Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm for the first 4 weeks.
1092 N Old Laurens Rd,
Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.