Date Posted: July 20, 2021
Deadline: August 3, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering/Technology from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in mechanical design utilizing Inventor and/or 2D/3D modeling software
- Must possess ability to create 2D and 3D CAD drawings, Bills of Material, Change Notices, Review Customer Specifications.
The Lead Designer will perform engineered-to-order (ETO) design work in 2D and 3D CAD, create Bills of Material (BOMs), process engineering change notices and technical work in accordance with customer requirements, processing orders of varying complexity from receipt to completion.
The selected candidate will provide guidance to ETO Engineers, Application and Proposal Engineers, Marketing, Sales, shop floor personnel, and Purchasing. After proving good decision making, this position will allow a fair amount of latitude in making independent design decisions.
This role requires only moderate supervision, and work is approved by a Master Designer or ETO Engineer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Understand engineering/ drafting/ Designers toolsets, including SAP, PLM, AutoCAD, Inventor.
- Understand and adhere to Product Engineering procedures, part numbering and filing systems.
- Work with existing computer systems and data files to be knowledgeable of order status and requirements.
- Create bills of material and drawings for configurable product (CTO), based upon defined selection rules.
- Prepare drawing transmittal forms and guide the processing of requested drawings.
- Perform basic calculations and computations in accordance with established formulas or from specific instructions.
- Full review of each order, including customer specifications, quote, and purchase order with a focus on standard and non-standard technical requirements which affect design.
- Create/ manage moderate to complex ETO solutions and projects.
- Support ETO Engineers on customer phone calls.
- Create capacitor bank proposal drawings based upon only sketch from an Engineer.
- Select/ create buyout specifications based upon descriptions provided in customer quote and specification.
- Work with Structural Engineer to determine proper member sizes, ensure structural integrity, and convert to detail and assembly drawings and BOMs with proper fit-up.
- Takes a lead role in developing and updating department processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger..
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.